PCHHC Leaders are regularly providing expert commentary to national and/or local conversations and lead or contribute to ground-breaking reports.
PCHHC Press Releases
In the News
- Tips for Talking to Patients About Fertility, Medscape
- No, babies don’t actually ruin vaginas, SheKnows
- Preconception Counseling in Men, Medscape
- His & Hers Wellness Visits—What do they cover? Why are they critical to your health & life plans?, The National Campaign to Prevent Teen & Unplanned Pregnancy Blog
- Paternity Leave Is Good for Families and Businesses, DailyWorth
- Clinicians and Patients Work Together to Improve Preconception Health in the U.S., National Institute for Children’s Health Quality (NICHQ) Blog
- It Takes Two to Tango: A Man’s Preconception Health Matters, March of Dimes (News Moms Need Blog)
- How Your Workout Routine Could Be Messing With Your Period, Vivala
- 19 Questions You’re Too Embarrassed to Ask Your Gynecologist, Reader’s Digest
- ‘Don’t Get Pregnant to Avoid Zika-Linked Microcephaly’: Will It Work?, Medscape
- Should You Be Worried About Zika Virus?, WHDT World News
- The Zika Virus – Everything Travelers Need to Know Right Now, The Street.com
- Flu Vaccines Help Unborn Children as Well as Pregnant Women, Healthline
- A Mother’s Journey Through Chemotherapy and Pregnancy, Healthline
- Medicaid Holdout Puts Infants at Risk, The News & Observer
- Could You Be Pregnant with No Symptoms?, SheKnows
- What to Expect When You Go Off Birth Control Pills, The Stir
- The 13 Biggest Maternal Health Issues In The U.S., & What We Can Do To Fix Them, Romper (sponsored by Walgreens)
- Are There Risks to Getting An Epidural?
- How Long Will I Be In Labor?
- What Does Labor Feel Like?
- Can the Zika Virus Hurt My Unborn Child?
- The Worst Health Advice Gynecologists Have Ever Heard, Reader’s Digest
- Embracing The Older Mom: Welcome to Today, Univision (Papas y Mamas)
- How Life and Pregnancy Planning Can Effect Outcomes, March of Dimes (News Moms Need Blog)
- Pregnancy Symptoms, Negative Test: What You Might Be Experiencing, BlackDoctor.org
- The Preconception Care Paradigm in US Public Health, Lamaze International
- Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome: Addicted in the Womb, WHDT World News
- The Grocery-Store Tea That Changed My Life — Tea Tonic, The Kitchn
Recent Key Reports & Clinical Publications
- Postpartum Health and Wellness: A Call for Quality Woman-Centered Care, Maternal and Child Health Journal (October 2016)
- Advancing preconception health in the United States: strategies for change, Upsala Journal of Medical Sciences (September 2016)
- Using the Reproductive Life Plan in contraceptive counselling, Upsala Journal of Medical Sciences (September 2016)
- Preconception Wellness and Healthcare: Can We Practice (and Measure) What We Preach?, NEJM Journal Watch (May 2016) – PDF version
- Recommendations for Health Systems to Measure and Index Preconception Wellness, Obstetrics & Gynecology (May 2016)
- Catalyzing a Reproductive Health and Social Justice Movement, Maternal and Child Health Journal (April 2016)
- AAFP Preconception Care (Position Paper), American Academy of Family Physicians (December 2015)